Taken at -20. Not bad!

July 2012 DIP NETTING TIME

Paul and a friend, took Simon Dip Netting from around 4:00 a.m - 11:30 ish.  Then they went back out with Hunter from 8:00 p.m - Midnight.  They caught a total of 15 Reds (Salmon).  The boys had a great time.  Simon was so excited to tell me that when he knocked out one of the Salmon, it's eye flew out!  They LOVED IT!  SO GROSS!!!!!  
I found the fish with the missing eye.  It is so obvious what is in this container, right?  I stuck my hand in this container to clean it out, It wasn't until I looked and saw what I was doing.. that I was grossed out!  

Ready and willing to help!

We have had days of rain, the sun came out and warmed up to 68.  Great day for processing fish.  

Heads and guts....

I got a new filleting knife, made the job so much faster, only took about 2 hours this year.  The knife cut like butter through the spine and ribs of the fish.

Don't keep

The Dip Net.

Paul was cleaning up after me and preparing to package for freezing.  We hope to canning soon.  Still makes me nervous.

I cut, Paul packaged.

My motivator, Olivia!

Top shelf is left from last year.  Bottom shelf, this year.  We tried a different packaging method this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment